Senior Manager Technology / Senior Specialist – Websphere Commerce
Description JOB PURPOSE
As a Senior Manager Technology/ Senior Specialist- WCS – will bring deep, hands-on
technology expertise to the table on WCS platform and will be responsible for supporting
delivery teams through architecture, design and build in the capacity of a technology subject
matter expert on WCS platform. At the same time, specialists will also be responsible for
establishing best practices, cultivating thought leadership, and developing common assets /
framework components / reusable solutions on WCS (B2B/B2C Process) at an organization
level that can be leveraged across multiple delivery projects.
- • Hands-on with architecture, design and development, and will work very closely with
WCS application quality and support the design/build process.
- • Individuals in this role are also expected to have deep knowledge of the product
architecture, its internal capabilities, extension points, and support complex activities
including scalable architecture definition, performance tuning, application
integration design, migration strategies, etc.
- • 2 to 3 years of expertise in defining scalable, clustered, fault tolerant and performant
architecture using WCS AND Java J2ee clustering, indexing and processing servers
- • 2 to 3 years of minimum project delivery experience in the capacity of an Architect or
equivalent, across multiple delivery engagements in Digital Commerce
- • Deep understanding of various caching mechanisms available in WCS and ability to
leverage their suitability in different scenarios
- • Deep knowledge of WCS
- • Solid experience with the Java and J2EE stack, including Portlets, WebServices,
JSPs, Servlets etc.
- • Solid understanding of at least 2 J2EE application servers
- • Solid experience with Java frameworks for the presentation/service/data access
layers such as Struts, spring, and Hibernate.
- • Experience in implementing Web 2.0 concepts
- • Good understanding of WCS platform source code and ability to extend the product
code to meet custom requirements.
- • Knowledge of Groovy scripting language desirable
- • Additionally, candidates applying for this title should demonstrate the following
capabilities within the domain of Digital Commerce:
- • Experience with driving solution strategy, and solution architecture definition on the
WCS platforms for large and complex initiatives
- • Ability to help shape and define new Digital Commerce opportunities and support
global clients with Digital commerce strategy and definition exercises, involving
client workshops with business, IT and marketing stakeholders, supporting the
definition of an enterprise-wide Digital Commerce strategy
- • Ability to support business development and pre-sales teams in RFP response
development for large WCS project RFPs, and help strategize the proposed solution
as well as support the solution scoping/estimation process
- • Proven experience in leading and supporting the end-to-end project delivery lifecycle
through technology architecture to design to construction to Production rollout for
large business organizations and high-volume / high-traffic applications deployed on
the Intranet and Internet
- • Architecting, Designing and Implementing high-volume Digital Commerce delivery
platforms and applications using WCS specific products or using third-party Portal
Servers or other application servers, that integrate with WCS platform and other
back-end / third-party repositories/databases to support transactional and driven
- • Experience with creating and implementing highly scalable Digital Commerce
management and delivery application architectures that leverage core product
technologies / capabilities together with key extension points and third-party
frameworks to augment the product
- • Experience with performance tuning and performance management for high-volume
and high-traffic delivery applications in Production built on WCS platforms,
including the use of caching technologies and frameworks built within the product
and/or external third-party caching frameworks
Business Knowledge: Domain experience on Enterprise data warehouse would be a plus.
Personal Attributes: a. Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding
solutions b. Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal) c. Flexible and
proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
d. Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision. e.
Ability to prioritize when under pressure
12+ years of total / relevant IT experience and minimum of 2 to 3 years of professional
experience with WCS technologies
Bachelor’s degree required degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
About the company
Introduction to MNC
MNCSM, part of MNC®, is an integrated marketing and technology services firm. We
create and engineer highly relevant experiences that accelerate business growth and fuel brand
advocacy for our clients. By combining multi-channel marketing, multi-channel commerce,
and the technology that binds them, we influence customer behavior across the spectrum of
content, communication and commerce channels, resulting in deeper, more meaningful
relationships between customers and brands. For more information, visit
http://www.MNC.com or follow us on Twitter @MNC.
Why you should join MNC?
BE AN IDEA ENGINEER.
BE THE BUILDER OF BUSINESS AND THE ARCHITECT OF PERSUASION.
REDEFINE HOW COMPANIES AND BRANDS CONNECT TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.
You’ll be an idea engineer with one of the most recognized marketing and
technology services company:
- • MNC Ranked #2 for profit growth & 45th overall in Fortune’s 200 fastestgrowing
- • Ad age named MNC an “A-list standout agency” in 2011
- • MNC Named 2011 Agency of The Year By OMMA magazine
- • The 2011 Advertising Age agency report ranks MNC at #2.
You’ll be an idea engineer with a company that services global leaders such as such
as Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Foot Locker, Singapore Airlines, Target, and Vodafone
through operations in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
You’ll be an idea engineer who will shape online trends and define a new future.
Preview some of our award-winning examples – SHARE HAPPY | KIOSK, and
SNEAKERPEDIA | INTEGRATED CAMPAIGN – to know what all you will get to do.
Write me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com for more details;
“Delivery Is Our Motto”
“We Recruit People Not Profiles”
Amith Somani | Staffing Specialist | +91 8123000300
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn Profile | Twitter |
Everest Consulting Group India Pvt. Ltd | Bangalore