|Job Description :
||Senior – Server & Storage Engineer
- 5+ years MS Windows 2008 Server Administration experience in a large enterprise environment
- Proficiency in Virtualization (Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, VMWare) – Administration and Troubleshooting
- Experience with SAN Storage (ie. Dell Blades, Compellent, PowerVault)
- Experience with Vendor Management at the Operational Level
- Experience with Active Directory and related technologies including DHCP, DNS, WINS, DFS,Microsoft System Center Suite, etc.
- Experience with TCP/IP & VPN Networking/Troubleshooting
- Experience with Backup technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Windows Certifications preferred
- This Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for installing and maintaining the server systems for all production systems.
- Shall perform LAN/WAN installation and support and be responsible for server maintenance solutions, including anti-virus, patching and backups.
- Shall perform server implementation including design, procurement, building, installing and supporting new or rebuilding existing servers.
- Shall configure hardware (physical and virtual), clusters, peripherals, services, settings, directories, and storage in accordance with standards and project / operational requirements.
- Shall be responsible for building and administering virtual servers and workstations in a Hyper-V, Citrix, and VMWare environment.
- Shall installs, test, upgrade, and configure system files and services to enhance performance.
- Shall be responsible for Active Directory including user account creations as well as the creation of new Group Policies and the maintenance of existing policies.
- Shall provide support for core server functionality as well as DNS, DHCP, DFS, WINS.
- Shall also work with management to establish IT policies and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience with the management of enterprise storage in a 24×7 production environment compromising a mix of UNIX/Linux and Microsoft Windows based operating system servers.
- The qualified candidate should possess strong analytic and communication skills. He/she should have a solid understanding of vendor storage hardware architecture, high availability design, fabric topologies, storage and networking protocols and RAID levels. Server and storage array based I/O performance analysis and troubleshooting skills are desired. Host based volume management and file system tuning skills will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of and adherence to ITIL and PMI best practices.
- Project level planning and implementation experience.
- Active Directory
- Cisco Routers
- STORAGE AREA NETWORK
- DATA NETWORKING