• The Delivery Manager will be responsible for governance and clear guidance on:
• Delivery best practices and that team members are leveraging Microsoft Services Business Capabilities
• Internal Delivery Methodologies (SDMPlus)
• Project-, Program- and Portfolio Management Industry standards (e.g. PMI),
• Driving Delivery Excellence and CPE
• Community activities, Knowledge Management and IP creation and re-use
• Portfolio- and Project Profitability, Backlog Attainment, Forecasting, Revenue Recognition and other financial- and business metrics, as well as data accuracy
• Scope includes delivery of engagements belonging to a portfolio including delivered hours, people, CPE, etc.
• Career growth objectives for the Project Manager’s they manage
• DMs oversee and monitor delivery of a portfolio of engagements, to ensure that Project Managers have sufficient support and take an active part in Project Review Boards when applicable to ensure proactive Project Health monitoring. As Manager of Project Managers, they are the first point of escalation, for any Delivery-related issues, that may arise throughout the Engagement Lifecycle.
• DMs manage and review their assigned portfolio of engagements and contracts regularly to ensure delivery is on track within approved scope or that scope changes are properly handled (scope change requests, contract add-ons, etc). DMs ensure that all legal, fiscal and personnel policies such as ESAP approvals, time conformance, engagement length, client invoicing, T&E, etc., are honored and that Forecasting is submitted and Revenue Recognition (x-charge) tracked.
• DMs oversee achievement of several scorecard and key performance indicators directly or through collaboration with other roles. These include Backlog Attainment, Delivery Margin/Project Profitability, Forecasting Accuracy, Delivery Excellence Index, and CSAT.
• Establishes the processes to support the engagement, including setting up charge codes, defining the project calendar, and defining deliverable acceptance and reporting procedures. Project initiation also includes validating scope, conducting project kickoff and holding Conditions of Satisfaction (COS) discussions with stakeholders.
• Reviews and approves Project Manager billable hours and expenses each week.
• As team managers DMs regularly perform 1:1s with Individual Contributors who report directly to them (PjMs), conduct performance review and career development discussions at least twice a year. They provide feedback on Services competencies and coach on improving (delivery) team effectiveness, quality, timeliness and cost-effectiveness of customer and internal deliverables.
• DMs are responsible for monitoring and taking necessary actions regarding Work Group Health, Commitment Adoption and commitment execution for their teams.
• DMs support, coach and enable Project Managers to convincingly drive Delivery Excellence, through setting and managing customer expectations by e.g. execution and documentation of Customer Conditions of Satisfaction, and encouraging behaviors (responsiveness, delivery on promises, raise issues early, etc.) for their teams.
• Pre-Sales and Business Development
• Active involvement in Pre-sales activities, Customer Presentations
• willingness to take Business goals (revenue) and focused in achieving the targets
• Ability to win customers in business deals
• Ability to explore newer business opportunities
• BE / B.Tech / MCA
• Prior development experience in Microsoft .Net (6+ Years)
• Prior experience in Microsoft SharePoint end to end implementations (6+ Years)
• Should process strong process management, project management, configuration management and team handling skills
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills