Desired Candidate Profile
· As a Project manager (Technology) the role includes finding out what the client wants to achieve on a given set of projects on a sub-vertical.
· The role also involves agreeing to the timescales, costs and resources needed and drawing up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project.
· The Project manager (Technology) will be a hands on engineer himself and will be selecting and leading a project team and ensuring that each stage of the project is progressing on time and on budget – and per the architecture and design specifications.
· The role will entail reporting regularly on progress to the client and/or to senior managers.
· This position reports to the Associate VP, Automation vertical, at an Innovation center, Pune – based out of Pune.
· Extensive experience spanning more than 5 years in managing enterprise level products/solutions
· Project leadership, project planning, define and track schedules
· Manage, direct, and lead a team of engineers responsible for development of new projects
· Collaborate with the customer leadership team to deliver proposals within time
· Collaborate with the senior leadership team to define projects scope and schedule
· Engage with QA, Program Management, to drive issues to closure and ensure a successful delivery
· Define team roles, conduct performance evaluations, track progress against goals
· Manage recruiting efforts, ensure effective hiring decisions
· Recommend and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency and impact of the engineering team
· Experience in developing and tracking project plans for software releases
· Should be ready to perform hands on role and contribute technically as well
· Manage engineering Development group responsible for research and development of software projects
· Solid understanding of the SDLC and Development processes. Knowledge of Agile development is a plus
· Excellent written/verbal communications skills
· Experience working and engaging with different stakeholders across QA, program management to get the job done.
· Self-starter, able to handle multiple projects and activities in parallel, efficiently functioning in a fast-paced environment
· Experience delivering high quality products under tight deadlines
· Demonstrate ability to complete high pressure tasks with strict attention to quality, completeness and timeliness.
· Understand appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
· Understand software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) or a similar methodology