Mode Of Hiring: Permanent
Work Location: Bangalore
Experience: 4 to 10 Years
Sr Oracle DBA
Experience: 7-10 yrs.
Location: RMZ, Bangalore
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
* This challenging role will involve the development and maintenance of production database environments
* Good exposure on Windows 2000, Unix, Solaris, Linux
* Bug-fixing and performance optimization
* Provision of expert advice to development teams amongst other responsibilities
* Should have experience on following tools:
o Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM )
o RMAN, IMP, EXP, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
o SQL Backtrack
o VERITAS Netbackup
* Strong exposure of BACKUP & Recovery
* Should be able to write simple SQL, PL/SQL & UNIX shell scripts
* Should have a good knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS architecture
* Strong exposure on Installation, Configuration, Migration, Up gradation and patching of large Oracle database in RAC environment
* Building the environment as per the requirement provided by requestors/client
* Promote/Refreshing the database and front-end components in the QA and Development environments
* SQL monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning & high availability strategies in a Windows/Unix/Solaris/Linux of Oracle database Server in a 24/7 production environment
* Provide expertise in Oracle database design to the software development team & design, review, develop & implement production Oracle database objects, models & database designs
* Good knowledge of different clustering solutions (Oracle RAC)
* Provide L1, L2 and L3 support on Oracle Database Servers
1. 3 to 5 years of Oracle DBA experience in a production environment with a strong working knowledge of writing SQL queries.
2. Should have worked in process mature production environments handling
3. Should have Implementation skills along with the documentation (ability to prepare documentation and implementation plan as per defined timelines) 4. Exposure to Oracle9i and Oracle10g is highly desirable 5. Smooth interaction skills with Customer 6. Must have exposure on performance tuning of the server and query
1. Flexible in working time.
2. Willing to relocate in Bangalore.
3. Should enjoy learning new technologies in addition to being a resourceful problem solver.
4. Team working spirit is absolutely essential.
5. Global experience preferable.
6. Good communication skills.
7. Quality and Process Orientation
Skills will be added advantages:
1. Having Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) in 8i or 9i or 10g 2. Having knowledge of TOAD, Erwin, DBArtisan tool 3. Knowledge/exposure on and MSSQL database 4. Exposure/knowledge of RAC 5. Having basic concept of the Release and Configuration Management 6. Experience/exposure on SQL Server 7, 2000, Sybase Adaptive, SybaseIQ and SQL programming/Scripting 7. Knowledge on bug tracking tool & version control system Qualifications/
1. BE/ B.Tech / MCA / BSc
2. Certification: Oracle Certified Professional in Oracle8i or Oracle9i or Oracle10g would be added advantage.
Junior Oracle DBA
Oracle DBA – 5-6 years of experience.
1) Sound knowledge of Oracle architecture, backup & recovery utilities
2) Worked on mission critical databases which are on high availability
solutions (Oracle RAC )
3) Database migration and upgrade experience is must (both standalone
and Oracle RAC)
4) Oracle Data guard for DR
5) OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud control) – Hands on
6) Basic understanding the Transactional and Warehouse based
application systems architecture
7) Performance tuning knowledge in both Linux and DBs
8) Good troubleshooting skills and escalation handling
9) Vendor engagement for critical issues
10) Having a knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
11) Exposure to virtualized environments and migration tasks are plus
1) Effective customer communication
2) Flexible to work on weekends and after business hours
3) Support team members and open for learning
4) Handle Escalated issues