In case you are incliend to enhance your career on the below position then connect with me @ 8123000300 or email me PRT_amith.email@example.com
|Position||Unix—SME | Architect | Infrastructure|
|Experience||12 to 18 Years|
Roles and Responsibilities
|* Support the project activities, so that Development, Infrastructure, Integration and QA teams have appropriate workspaces ( technical environment) to build and test their work.|
|* Evaluate various products and arrive at an optimal solution to the customer requirement, Inter-operabiltiy, Understanding of various hardware and software|
|* Work with Architects, QA Managers and Technical Team Leads to ensure that environment modifications interact appropriately with the application, network, storage and other areas of impact; and the environment model (size and capacity) to support the project performance and capacity requirements.|
|* Ensure the environment design is following corporate standards and policies.|
|* Ensure that the required environment artefacts (including but not limited to architecture solution, platform specifications, storage model, network capacity, database sizing) are available as per project plan.|
|* Develop and maintain an Environments’ Inventory for the enterprise infrastructure architecture, Produce and maintain the related documentation, including descriptions, high level specifications, diagrams, charts, graphical representations.|
|* Conduct routine analysis on environment capacity and utilization, develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand service levels, identify improvement opportunities.|
|* Applying strong skills in designing a heterogeneous IT infrastructure with the following SAN, NAS and Cisco WAN, LAN, Server architecture.|
|* Provides comprehensive solutions and the supporting infrastructure;|
|* Designs systems architecture and migration plans;|
|* Evaluates new tools and methodologies;|
|* Evaluates new technology and business opportunities;|
|* Promotes knowledge transfer, provides advice on technical training and curriculum;|
|* Contributes to the creation of and promotion of the “CGI architecture brand”.|
|* Provide consulting services to clients in specific domain of expertise|
|* Responsible for designing the technical solution/processes within a specific domain of expertise in compliance with the CGI infrastructure orientations and operational feasibility;|
|* Participate and contribute in the definition of the implementation strategy;|
|* Ensures that the detailed design solution/processes are aligned with the operations and the target solution;|
|* Controls the quality and acceptance of the detailed design solution/processes into implementation.|
|* Architect should be available to support and resolve any major outage in operations|
|* Responsible for providing optimal solutions as per requirements|
- Rich experience as an infrastructure architect within a large enterprise environment.
- Has expert Level Knowledge and Experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and fair knowledge of all other Unix operating systems Including Solaris, AIX, HP UX
- Expertise on Unix Virtualizations technology ( KVM/RHEV, LDOM, Zones, VIO/LPAR)
- Expertise on Clustering technology ( SUN Cluster, Veritas cluster, HACMP, HP service Guard)
- Knowledge and Experience in Data Center Migrations and Consolidations, BCP& DR practices
- Pre-sales skills – experience of spotting new opportunities with existing customers.
- Expert understanding of networking methodologies.
- Expertise in storage replication, backup and recovery techniques
- Good Knowledge of SAN fabric infrastructure
- Good Knowledge of Enterprise Storage concepts.
- Good understanding of security design.
- Understanding of networking and VLANS
- Knowledge of LDAP
- Knowledge of Storage (HP, NetApp, Hitachi)
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS Manager, IBM and HP BladeCenter
- Knowledge and experience in Converged Infrastructure will an added advantage.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills and an ability to define and articulate.
- Ready to work in EST time zone
- Must have an engineering degree in any discipline from a reputed institution
- Excellent written, oral communication skills, credibility, interpersonal skills
- Must have worked in similar capacity in an MNC in Outsourcing/ technology and consulting for 12- 18 years – like IBM, Accenture, Cognizant, HP, TCS, Wipro
- Must have good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, foreign, virtual and multi-cultural environments
- Able to work in an unstructured environment and bring structure to a problem, synthesize issues.
- Experienced in managing conflicts
- Strong leadership skills
- Grown up through the ranks with Adequate hands-on experience across technologies and products.
Write me on PRT_amith.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheers & Gratitude
Amith Somani | Human Resource – Talent Acquisition
India Global Delivery Center | Divyasree Technopolis
Cell : +91 8123000300 Voip:8071649 | URL: www.cgi.com